The following is a breakdown of our fees. It looks complex, but don't worry! Our website will automatically calculate your fees depending on property size, property age, and services chosen.
Single Family Homes
$350 Base Price for a house built after 1965 with less than 2000 sq. ft. finished living space. The finished living space can be obtained from the Allegheny County Real Estate Web Site. Enter the address, search, and then click on the Building Information tab.
*There may be an additional fee for houses that are outside of our typical radius to the Greater Pittsburgh area. If your house is more than 20 miles from the downtown area, we may contact you to adjust the price.
- Add $40 to Base Price if house was built prior to 1950.
- Add $50 to Base Price for every 500 square feet of finished living space over the first 2,000 (e.g. add $50 for 2,001 - 2,500 sq.ft., or $100 for 2,501 - 3,000 sq.ft.) Once the house is over 4,000 sq.ft. the price increases are larger for every 500 square feet added on. Please call our office for exact pricing.
- HOUSES OVER 3,500 sq.ft. - Please call our office at (412) 885-1133 or contact us online if house is over 3500 sq.ft. finished living space. These inspections may take longer and this requires us to adjust our regular schedule.
Detached garages are not included in the price of the inspection of the home. If there is a detached garage that you wish to have inspected, please note that an additional fee will be assessed.
- 1-2 Car Detached Garage Fee - add $50.00
- 3-4 Car Detached Garage Fee - add $75.00
- Carriage House / Detached Garage - add $275.00
Multi-Family Homes (Duplexes and Apartments)
Add $100 to Base Price for each additional unit. (e.g. add $100 for a two family house, add $200 for a three family house)
Please call our office at (412) 885-1133 or contact us online for commercial building inspections. Our price scale and schedule are different for commercial and residential properties.
Wood-Destroying Insect Inspections
Add $75 to Base Price. Insect inspections are not available without a home inspection. We use the National Pest Management Association Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report (Form NPMA-33). This report is typically required by mortgage lenders. As stated on the report "This report is not a guarantee or warranty as to the absence of wood destroying insects nor is it a structural integrity report." Upon receipt, please read each page of the report in its entirety before signing.
- Add $150 to Base Price to add a Radon Test to a Home Inspection
- Add $175 to Base Price if the Radon Test is set before or after Home Inspection*
- $175 for Radon Test without Home Inspection.
For multiple radon tests at one location (i.e. an apartment building) we offer a discounted fee. Please call our office to coordinate.